Friday, April 22, 2011

Young the Giant: You’ll want more

Young The Giant at North Star Bar, Philadelphia
© Destructive Compliments
Band: Young the Giant
Origin: California, US
Genre: Alternative rock

Super catchy rock, the first time I heard Young the Giant’s My Body on Tuks FM a while back, I was soon singing along to the chorus and couldn’t get it out of my head for the rest of the day. And it was a good thing. Described as “soaring, melodic rock ‘n’ roll that’s bound for greatness” on Last.fm, the band’s songs are upbeat anthems which are hard to ignore. Young the Giant’s giant choruses will have listeners addicted in no time. To quote My Body, “I want more!”

Releases:
Album: Young the Giant [2010]
Singles: My Body, Apartment

Resembles: The Killers, Crystal Skulls, My Morning Jacket, a touch of Mumford and Sons

Listen here:


Watch here:



No comments:

Post a Comment